Here you can find a log of my public writing. Here’s the most recent update (April 2023):
Table of Contents
- My current work
My Current Work
Last updated: December 2022.
- I co-founded and manage Condor Camp, a project that aims to find and engage world-class talent in Brazil to work on highly impactful causes, mainly reducing existential risk.
- We ran our first edition in July/August 2022 with 13 Brazilian university students. The 10-day retreat took place in Cusco, Peru, where we focused on themes like AI safety, pandemic preparedness, global poverty, and animal welfare, and skills like project management, decision-making, and forecasting.
- We’re planning a range of other events for 2023, including hackathons, workshops, and partnerships with the most impactful educational nonprofits and talent networks of Brazil.
- I work as a Researcher at Rethink’s Existential Security team. You can find an overview of what our team did in 2022 in this post: What Rethink Priorities General Longtermism Team Did in 2022, and Updates in Light of the Current Situation. (our old name as General Longtermism)
- Condor Camp is my main project at Rethink, as part of my efforts to strengthen global movement building and talent search, particularly in low and middle-income countries.
- In 2022, I also worked on a simple model to evaluate and rank highly-scalable longtermist projects (with Marie Buhl), which we applied to a collection I made of over 150 project ideas.
- I also managed two research fellows working on AI governance and pandemic preparedness. Their projects included investigating which new organizations should exist to improve coordination among AI labs (Joe O’Brien) and a report on the relevance of indoor air quality to reduce globally catastrophic biological risks (Jam Kraprayoon).
- Since I joined Rethink Priorities in Feb 2022, most of my writing hasn’t been public – this section only contains publications up until 2021.